AS3 Scale9 Bitmap is helper class that lets you create scale9 sprites with bitmap data fill – originally this was not possible in Flash 9. The helper class creates a “fake” scale 9 sprite containing 9 shapes that scale according to user-defined scaling matrix. Extremely useful for user interface work (creating buttons, scalable UI elements etc.).
Global Object is a Singleton that lets you store dynamic variables in a globally accessible location within your AS3 application. This enables developers to accomplish things like self registering visual components, global events and event listeners.
Resources I Use:
- Mail Chimp – Send and manage newsletter campaigns (free up to 100 recipients)
- Basecamp – Online project management for small teams, very effective and easy to use
- Zoho – Full online office solution
- Mediatemple – (mt) is one of the best hosting providers out there. Period.
- Amazon Web Services – if you are building big Amazon will provide you with cost-effective and reliable solutions for distributed computing, remote storage and CDN
- Smarty – Smarty is one of the most widely used template languages for PHP. Now with version 3 just around the corner Smarty will bring a boost of innovation to PHP platform once again. Grab the v3 sources from here
- Kohana v3 – Kohana is an elegant HMVC PHP5 framework that provides a rich set of components for building web applications. It requires very little configuration, fully supports UTF-8 and i18n, and provides many of the tools that a developer needs within a highly flexible system. The integrated class auto-loading, cascading filesystem, highly consistent API, and easy integration with vendor libraries make it viable for any project, large or small.
- Google Chart API – draw beautiful charts using Google’s free API